A $5 million capital item shows up in the operating budget
It adds a $5 million expenditure for the design of a science building at the University of Washington Bothell campus.
The money will come out of a newly created University of Washington Building Account in the operating budget. The UW already has its own section in the capital budget but the apparently there wasn't enough room to fit this pile of dough.
The author of the amendment is Rep. Mark Ericks, D-Bothell, who is also the vice chairman of the committee.
I don't think they had to throw Ericks this bone to win his vote for the budget in committee. Maybe this is a chit to be traded in capital budget talks.
Let the budget negotiating wheels turn.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Lawmakers, judges and the governor are getting a raise May 13
- Democrats revise cap and trade bill in hopes of passage May 11
- Inslee toasts state workers with a hot dog and a COLA May 6
- AG says it seems OK to not pay Kelley during leave May 4
- State lawmaker blasts Boeing for sending jobs to other states May 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.