It adds a $5 million expenditure for the design of a science building at the University of Washington Bothell campus.
The money will come out of a newly created University of Washington Building Account in the operating budget. The UW already has its own section in the capital budget but the apparently there wasn't enough room to fit this pile of dough.
The author of the amendment is Rep. Mark Ericks, D-Bothell, who is also the vice chairman of the committee.
I don't think they had to throw Ericks this bone to win his vote for the budget in committee. Maybe this is a chit to be traded in capital budget talks.
Let the budget negotiating wheels turn.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Supreme Court won't stop vote on latest Eyman measure Sep. 4
- Inslee for president? Can’t hurt to try, says consultant Sep. 3
- EPA seeking tougher water quality rules for Washington Sep. 2
- House budget writer resigning to lead early learning agency Aug. 31
- Hobbs, McCoy join 'Friendship Mission' to Japan Aug. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.