Aerospace council takes flight
According to a press release:
The council will oversee state efforts to ensure that Washington remains the leading location in the world in which to design and build airplanes.
The council will be expected to:
-Coordinate and organize the worker-training programs at Washington’s community and technical colleges;
-Coordinate the research and development programs at the research universities;
Integrate technologies developed at the research institutions into the training programs;
-Manage recruiting and retention of aerospace companies to create jobs and grow the industry;
-Provide advice to the Legislature and to the governor on how Washington can improve its attractiveness to the aerospace industry.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- BNSF reports more oil trains traveling through Snohomish County July 7
- Retailers in Smokey Point, Camano Island snag pot store licenses July 7
- Eyman fails to qualify measure for fall ballot July 3
- Snohomish County GOP tardy on filing campaign reports July 2
- New study: Teacher work day not all about teaching July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.