Day five of training camp is in bag
As for the practice itself, fans were on hand and cheering again. One of the highlights was a goal-line session that seemed to get fans fired up. TE John Carlson shined in that portion of the evening, catching a pair of touchdown passes, one on a fade from Matt Hasselbeck, and one from Seneca Wallace, who scrambled out of the pocket, then threw an side-armed pass to the second-year tight end.
Rookie safety Courtney Greened had one of the best individual plays of the day, leaping high into the air to pick off a pass thrown by former Rutgers teammate Mike Teel. Guess college loyalties go out the window pretty quick when you're trying to make the team.
Here's the rundown of who didn't participate:
LT Walter Jones (back spasms), CB Marcus Trufant (back), WR Billy McMullen (knee), LB Tony Taylor (knee) and LB Aaron Curry (unsigned).
DT Brandon Mebane, who missed both of yesterday's practices, was back in action today, as did Owen Schmitt, who missed the evening practice yesterday with a calf injury.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: safety Feb. 20
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says no surgery for Sherman and Chancellor Feb. 20
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: cornerback Feb. 20
- A few thoughts on a potential Russell Wilson contract extension Feb. 20
- Looking at the Seahawks’ draft needs: linebacker Feb. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.