He's the coffee roaster who started Velton's Coffee Roasting Company in Everett's Lowell district about two years ago.
We ran a story on Velton in May, but I had the chance to catch up with him again recently. He reports the coffee business isn't treating him too badly, meaning not everyone is reaching for instant coffee crystals in the face of recession.
The Everett Silvertips sure aren't. Velton reports he was recently approached by the team to create a Silvertips blend to be sold in the team store starting this season.
An agreement was reached, and Velton is roasting two drip coffee blends for Silvertips fans: a dark roast and a medium roast. He says the coffee is in stock now and available at the team store. (That's near the main entrance of the Comcast Arena in Everett.)
That should warm hockey fans up when the season starts next month.
In other news, the coffee company's online sales have quadrupled since May, and Velton says he doesn't see sales slowing down any time soon.
He's also contracting with Bauhaus Books and Coffee in Seattle for private-label distribution in Japan.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Great Clips seeking stories of busy people Aug. 20
- Briefs: Monroe's Wet Noses treats as non-GMO certified as organic Aug. 19
- Briefs: Beardslee Public House opens in Bothell Aug. 18
- Briefs: EdCC president honored with Patriot Award Aug. 17
- Briefs: Two join Mountain Pacific Bank board of directors Aug. 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.