They may try to get everything pinned down today though they do not face a deadline to do so.
As of Friday afternoon, it sounded like the Finance Committee will be folded into the Ways and Means Committee, adding strength to the rumor that Rep. Ross Hunter will become the chair of the budget-writing bill.
I also was hearing that three other panels -- Environmental Health, Human Services and Audit Review & Oversight -- will be eliminated. Some panels are obviously going to be renamed and restructured.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Who will Republicans vote for in county executive race? Oct. 1
- They’re talking McCleary again, but that won’t be enough Sep. 24
- House, Senate leaders urge Kelley to resign as auditor Sep. 23
- Eyman turns over bank records, court hearing reset Sep. 17
- State Democrats eager to know who’s taking on Inslee Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.