Inslee lets donors know he's eyeing the race for governor
And he's making sure donors know too – at least those invited to his scheduled fund raiser in Mukilteo Sunday.
“We know it's early in the cycle, but the Congressman is trying to put some funds in the bank early for his Congressional race and also if there is an opening to run for Governor,” read the invitation for the March 20 event sent by Alexa Seidl of Newman Partners in Seattle.
I did a quick check with the state Public Disclosure Commission to see if such wording amounted to an announcement requiring Inslee to begin filing as a candidate.
The answer was no. It's darn close.
Meanwhile, in case you missed it, last week Larry Sabato deemed Washington's 2012 governor's race a toss-up . He picks Inslee as the sole Democrat candidate and McKenna, Congressman Dave Reichert and Port of Seattle Commission President Bill Bryant as three possible GOP contenders.
Sabato assumes Gov. Chris Gregoire will retire rather than seek a third term though she insists she's not decided on her plans for 2012.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Senators want budget impact of initiatives on the ballot March 9
- Larsen, McDermott skip Israeli leader's speech March 3
- House plans vote Tuesday on hiking minimum wage March 2
- Bill creating Silver Alert system clears Senate March 2
- Lt. Gov. Owen says behavior of GOP senator is inappropriate and must stop Feb. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.