A minute-by-minute guide to the royal wedding
The Buzz: Trumped up
12:15 a.m. -- Guests begin arriving at the Great North Door of London's Westminster Abbey.
1:50 a.m. -- Governors-general and prime ministers of realm countries, the diplomatic corps, and other distinguished guests arrive at the abbey.
2:10 a.m. -- Prince William and Prince Harry leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey.
2:15 a.m. -- The princes arrive at Westminster Abbey.
2:20 a.m. -- Members of foreign royal families arrive at Westminster Abbey from Buckingham Palace.
2:27 a.m. -- Middleton's mother, Carole, and brother, James, arrive at the abbey.
2:30 a.m. -- Select members of Britain's royal family arrive at the abbey.
2:40 a.m. -- Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip, leave Buckingham Palace for the abbey as Prince Andrew and daughters Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie; Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie; Princess Anne and her husband Timothy Laurence arrive for the ceremony.
2:42 a.m. -- Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, arrive at the abbey from Clarence House.
2:45 a.m. -- The queen and Prince Philip arrive at the abbey.
2:51 a.m. -- The bride, accompanied by her father, Michael, leaves the Goring Hotel for the abbey.
2:55 a.m. -- Bridesmaids and pages arrive at the abbey from the Goring Hotel.
3:00 a.m. -- The bride arrives. Marriage ceremony, which will be relayed on audio speakers along the wedding route, begins.
4:15 a.m. -- William and his new wife emerge from the abbey and depart in the 1902 State Landau, a carriage, and travel to Buckingham Palace, followed by the queen.
4:30 a.m. -- The bride's carriage procession arrives at Buckingham Palace, followed by members of Britain's royal family and other foreign royals 10 minutes later.
4:40 a.m. -- Guests for the wedding reception arrive at Buckingham Palace.
5:25 a.m. -- William and Middleton, accompanied by the queen and their families, appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.
5:30 a.m. -- The royals watch a ceremonial flypast from the Royal Air Force and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight before returning inside for the queen's reception for some 600 guests.
10 a.m. -- Private reception begins at Buckingham Palace for 300 guests.
- Lip reader deciphers royal whispers at wedding 4/30/11
- No royal wedding for Mexican teen as British authorities send her home 4/30/11
- Britain celebrates as Kate, William wed 4/29/11
- William and bride to be duke, duchess of Cambridge 4/29/11
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are married 4/29/11
- Here they come: Kate and William ready to wed 4/28/11
- The Buzz: Trumped up 4/28/11
- Making a cake fit for a king is not hard 4/27/11
- Watch the royal wedding in style with this menu 4/27/11
- Royal wedding fuels bets 4/27/11
- Guest list of 1,900 set for royal wedding 4/25/11
- Couples share royal wedding date 4/24/11
- Queen Elizabeth hands out presents on 85th birthday 4/22/11
- Britain may change royal succession rules 4/17/11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.