How much money cities make on traffic enforcement
Some say cops write tickets to fatten government budgets. State law says tickets and fines must go into a city's general fund. With traffic cameras snapping photos of scofflaws, Lynnwood is issuing millions of dollars more in fines than its neighbors.
How much money do cities make through traffic enforcement?
View Lynnwood traffic enforcement cameras in a larger map
- Need to Know: Lynnwood camera-enforced intersections: safer or not? 7/1/11
- Traffic camera battle heats up 5/15/11
- Need to Know: Policy, politics far behind traffic-camera technology 5/15/11
- Monroe prepares to issue traffic-camera tickets 5/9/11
- Need to Know: Traffic-camera debate: some fodder for discussion 5/6/11
- Need to Know: Lynnwood not smiling about traffic camera coverage 5/2/11
- Need to Know: Traffic camera company fought Mukilteo initiative 4/29/11
- Need to Know: Lynnwood traffic cameras have brought in $4.7 million 4/26/11
- Mukilteo repeals traffic camera ordinance 4/5/11
- Sirens: Not all cities equal on 'speed traps' 4/4/11
Most recent Need to Know posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.