Hook: Any 1/4 or 1/8 ounce lead-headed jig hook, painted hot pink.
Thread: 6/0 size in the color pink
Body: Pink marabou
Go here for an explanation of fly-fishing terms.
1) Tie in the thread by wrapping it over itself several times.
2) Cut off the waste end of the thread with a pair of scissors.
3) Select a clean marabou feather. You will use the whole feather (the tip end) for the jig. Size the feather by holding it from the collar of the jig head, and letting the tip of the barbules trail about 3/4 of an inch past the bend of the hook.
4) Hold the feather in your left index finger and thumb and cut the feather at this point, leaving an extra quarter inch for the tying thread.
5) Place the short end of the cut feather along the collar of the jig head and place 5-6 wraps of thread to tie it in.
6) Repeat twice more with two more feathers, tying the feathers adjacent to each other to completely cover the jig collar with feathers.
7) Wrap your thread over the collar, covering it to lock in the feathers.
8) Whip finish or tie in three or four half hitches.
9) Cut the thread and cover the thread collar with a clear lacquer. Let dry.
Got it? Move on to a Mike's Comet, a Hubert Humpy, or a Reverse Spider.
More Sports Headlines
M's trade Ackley to Yankees in 3-player deal South Snohomish pounds Utah 10-0 to advance to West Region title game M's pitching woes continue in 9-5 loss to Twins AquaSox fall 8-2 to Volcanoes Jetsí Richardson facing charges for resisting arrest Bills place Williams on active/not-football injury list Brady lawsuit transferred from Minnesota to New York court Bills coach Kromer pleads not guilty to battery
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.