None of the big free agent additions--Sidney Rice, Tarvaris Jackson and Robert Gallery--were on hand, but there were tons of new faces thanks to the 21 undrafted rookie free agents plus six of the nine draft picks who have signed (all but the top three picks, James Carpenter, John Moffitt and K.J. Wright) were present.
Anyway, being a walk-through, not a ton you could take away from it football wise, but here is what did stand out:
Undrafted QB Josh Portis is a very, very big dude. Also has some real zip on his throws. Now does that mean he can play quarterback in the NFL? Not necessarily, but he'll be an intriguing guy to watch in camp.
DE Red Bryant, who missed most of last season after having surgery to repair an MCL injury, went through today's workout with no knee brace, a good sign for the big man.
DT Colin Cole was not practicing, as expected, after having ankle surgery. The good news was that he was not in a boot or on crutches. CB Roy Lewis, who is recovering from knee surgery, also sat out, though he said Tuesday that he's running and could be back to full participation in a month.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.