Just how quickly the Seahawks have turned over the roster, however, is quite astonishing. With Matt Hasselbeck and Lofa Tatupu leaving, the Seahawks lost two more links to their past, and as of today, there are only 16 players on the 88-man roster who were on the '09 team that Carroll and Schneider inherited. Sixteen. That's it.
Other than the players listed below, everyone is new to the team in the last season, with the exception of Brandon Coutu and Will Robinson, who were on the team before 09 and are now back:
P John Ryan, WR Deon Butler, RB Justin Forsett, CB Marcus Trufant, CB Roy Lewis, LB Leroy Hill, LB David Hawthorne, LB Aaron Curry, G Max Unger, G Mike Gibson, DE Red Bryant, WR Ben Obomanu, TE Cameron Morrah, TE John Carlson, DT Colin Cole and DT Brandon Mebane.
That's it. And going back to that 2005 Super Bowl team, only Trufant and Hill remain.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.