Sure, you can easily make a great morning meal at home, but visiting a pancake house?
Well, that just elevates the whole experience. That makes breakfast an event.
Today's dining review by Herald writer and food critic Jackson Holtz just proves what I'm saying.
He had breakfast, including a delightful-sounding specialty called a Dutch baby (scroll down after clicking on this link for a picture), at The Original Pancake House, a national, Portland-based chain that had been curiously absent from Snohomish County -- until now.
Just north of Thrashers Corner in Bothell, this new addition to the local breakfast scene is already popular and bustling, just like many other legendary favorite breakfast haunts, including the rural Maltby Cafe (best omelets) and Patty's Eggnest & Turkey House in Everett (Nutter Butter French Toast).
Where's your favorite breakfast place in the county and why?
Remember: We're always looking for places we haven't reviewed, so we take your suggestions seriously.
Most recent The Dish posts
- Chill out: Icebox pies and cakes end summer meals on a cool note July 22
- A fabulous frittata in just five steps July 15
- Do you need a spiralizer? We test the gadget of the moment July 8
- A healthful but tasty burger is in the cards July 1
- Creating potato salads that are always-welcome-at-a-party side dish July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.