The Grizzlies are ranked eighth in the nation in Marc Bloom's Super 25 preseason rankings and No. 1 in the Northwest regional rankings. No other school from Washington is ranked in the Super 25 or in the regional rankings.
Glacier Peak returns four runners from last year's team, including state champ Amy-Eloise Neale and third-place finisher Katie Bianchini.
Here's a look at what Bloom, whose website says is "one of the nation's foremost authorities on running, fitness and youth sports," had to say about Glacier Peak:
"NXN bronze medalist and World Youth Games steepler (for Britain) Amy Eloise-Neale — also one of the nation’s top milers — -sets the pace for the state 3A victors and Northwest 3rd-placers who boast their top 4 back with plenty of strong running behind the team super-star."
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.