• Classes include art therapy, cancer and sleep, yoga, stress reduction, nutrition, weight loss and classes for women with cancer.
• Support groups or caregivers, survivors and people with cancer.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett: Colby campus, 1321 Colby Ave.; Pacific campus, 916 Pacific Ave.; Pavilion for Women and Children, 900 Pacific Ave. Call 425-304-6000 to learn more about classes or see www.providence.org: Click on Everett, then "Health Information & Classes."
• Classes include heart health, diabetes, smoking cessation, AARP driver safety, CPR and first aid, baby-sitting and parenting.
• Support groups are offered for new mothers, and cancer patients, diabetes, sleep apnea, lung and heart disease, stroke, caregiver stress and bereavement.
• Free diabetes screenings by appointment; 425-258-7953.
Skagit Valley Hospital and regional clinics: Call 360-814-2424 to sign up for classes or see www.skagitvalleyhospital.org/events.
• Classes include, diabetes, AARP driver safety, predialysis education, pulmonary rehabilitation, joint replacement, childbirth preparation and car seat safety.
• Support groups for children of cancer patients and people dealing with heart problems, bereavement, ostomy and cancer.
• Free or low cost health screenings.
Swedish Edmonds: 21601 76th Ave. W., Edmonds. Call 206-386-2502 to sign up for classes or see www.swedish.org: Click on "Classes & Resources," then "Health Classes."
• Class topics include fall prevention, nutrition, stroke prevention, baby-sitting, driver safety, growing up for tweens.
• Support groups are offered for new mothers, caregivers and grief.
Valley General Hospital: 14701 179th Ave. SE, Monroe; 360-794-1411. See www.valleygeneral.com and click on "Classes & Events."
• Class topics include childbirth preparation, car seat safety, CPR, first aid, baby-sitting.
Free mammograms: By appointment for the uninsured or underinsured, Citrine Health, 2817 Rockefeller Ave., Everett; 425-259-9899; www.citrinehealth.org.
HIV testing: Walk-in, 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 3020 Rucker Ave., Everett; or 5 to 7 p.m. second and fourth Mondays, 6101 200th St. SW, Lynnwood; free for those who qualify, $78 for patients at low risk; offered by the Snohomish Health District, 425-339-5298, www.snohd.org.
More Life Headlines
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.