Tarvaris Jackson probable for Sunday
"He made it through practice today and practiced the whole time," Carroll said. ". . . So we go into the weekend thinking he’s got a chance to play for us. It would be nice to have him."
Carroll did add that Jackson, "Does not feel great, he’s barely making it through practice, but he did make it through.
And if Jackson is well enough to play, he will play, unlike last week when Charlie Whitehurst started before giving way to Jackson.
"If he’s ready to play, then he’s playing," Carroll said. "We know now what to expect, more so. . . I know you’re probably wondering what I’m talking about, I don’t know. I don’t know until we get there."
As for Sidney Rice, who sat out yesterday's practice, he was back in action Friday and will be fine for Sunday.
"Sidney’s fine," Carroll said. "He needed a little break, but he’s fine."
Receiver Mike Williams will also return to action, though Carroll would not commit to Williams starting. That's not entirely surprising given that Ben Obomanu had 107 yards filling in for Williams last week.
DT Alan Branch (knee/hip),. TE Cameron Morrah (toe/hip) and LB David Vobora (calf) will all be game-time decisions. If Branch can't play, Clinton McDonald get the start.
Seahawks injury report
DT Alan Branch (hip/knee, did not practice)
TE Cameron Morra (knee/toe, DNP)
LB David Vobora (calf, DNP)
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral, full participation)
WR Mike Williams (hamstring, full)
WR Sidney Rice (foot, full)
S Kam Chancellor (knee, full)
LB Leroy Hill (knee, full)
Cowboys injury report
CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring, DNP)
RB Felix Jones (ankle, DNP)
LB Sean Lee (wrist, DNP)
P Mat McBriar (L foot, limited participation)
G Kyle Kosier (foot, limited)
QB Tony Romo (ribs, full)
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.