• Everett: “Wintertide,” 3 p.m. Dec. 16, Everett Performing Arts Center, 2710 Wetmore Ave. Come downtown for a day of holiday fun including hot cocoa and cookies and a special concert by the U.S. Navy Band “Five Star Brass” Quintet. Kids’ holiday craft projects and a visit from Santa. All activities and snacks are free. Call 425-257-7101 or www.enjoyEverett.org.
• Marysville: The Cedarcrest Golf Course Holiday display from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 30, Cedarcrest Golf Course, 6810 84th St., NE, Marysville. Suggested donation is $3 for a child, $5 for adult and $20 for family.
• Snohomish: Winter Solstice Candlelight Walk, 4 to 7 p.m. Dec. 22; stroll with friends, come a-caroling, or simply contemplate the beauty of the evening along the downtown Riverfront Trail; www.ci.snohomish.wa.us/cityevents.htm.
• Stanwood: The Lights of Christmas: Dec. 16 to 23 and 26 to 28; gates open at 5 p.m. and close at 10 p.m., Warm Beach Camp, 20800 Marine Drive, Stanwood; holiday lights, treats, live music, storytelling and theater performances, Nativity scene, petting farm, pony and train rides, meet Santa and Bruce the Talking Spruce; $9, $10 and $15, free ages 3 and under; 360-652-7575, 800-228-6724; www.warmbeachlights.com.
• Seattle Aquarium: Diving Santa and live music: at noon and 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Dec. 18, 1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59, Seattle. Come see Santa diving in the Window on Washington Waters exhibit.
• Seattle Center Winterfest: five weeks of festive entertainment running into January at Seattle Center, 305 Harrison St., Seattle Center, including:
• Winterfest Ice Rink: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Saturday through Jan. 1. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for children ages 6 to 12, $2 children ages 5 and under. Includes skate rental. Cash only.
• Winter Train & Village: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Dec. 29. A turn-of-the-century village and train and members of the public can take a turn at driving the miniature locomotive. Suggested donation $2. For more information on Winterfest go to www.seattlecenter.com.
• Woodland Park Zoo’s Winter Celebration: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 19, 20, 21, 26, 27 and 28, N. 50th Street and Fremont Avenue N., Seattle; go on wildlife treks, watch animals receive treats; free with zoo admission of $8.50 and $11.50, ages 2 and under free; 206-548-2500; www.zoo.org.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.