The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Two men held in Marysville home-invasion robbery that may have involved a fatal shooting

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
By Rikki King
Herald Writer
MARYSVILLE -- At least two men have been arrested, and police believe someone may have been killed in a messy home-invasion robbery in the Marysville area in December.
Detectives believe the robbery may have been drug- and gang-related, according to police affidavits filed in Everett District Court. They have reason to believe someone was killed during the robbery, but they haven't said if they've found a body. More arrests are expected as the investigation unfolds.
Snohomish County sheriff's bureau chief Kevin Prentiss declined to share additional details Wednesday.
"It is an active investigation being handled by our Major Crimes Unit," he said. "It's very complicated."
The two men who have been arrested in connection with the investigation have made initial court appearances. Kenny R. Easley, 27, had bail set at $500,000. Ronald R. Brown, 47, is being held without bail.
Both men were charged Wednesday in Everett District Court with kidnapping, robbery, assault and burglary.
Brown is believed to be "relatively high up" in a criminal gang involved with drug-trafficking, Snohomish County deputy prosecutor Mara Rozzano said in court Wednesday.
According to court papers, the deadly robbery went something like this:
Multiple people were at a home with Easley. Some of them allegedly robbed him of money and drugs and stole his car. Easley later returned to the home with other men. The group donned bulletproof vests and toted rifles and shotguns. They reportedly held a married couple who lived at the home at gunpoint for several hours, threatened to kill them and their family members, and stole some of their property.
At some point, one of the alleged robbers went outside to check on a noise. He returned inside, reportedly wearing a hockey mask. A shot rang out and the people being held at gunpoint said they saw the victim on the floor.
The other robbers reportedly took him away and returned later to clean up the house.
Police have since served a search warrant on the home. They are interviewing a number of witnesses, many of whom have significant criminal history.
Herald reporters Diana Hefley and Eric Stevick contributed to this story.
Rikki King: 425-339-3449;
Story tags » MarysvilleCrimeHome Invasion RobberyPolice

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates