The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

Everett blaze traced to faulty fixture

EVERETT -- A house fire in north Everett on Saturday morning was caused by a faulty fluorescent light fixture, officials said.
The fire was reported just before 4:45 a.m. at an early 1900s home in the 2600 block of E. Grand Avenue. The flames started near the light fixture in the kitchen and spread up the wall, city spokeswoman Kate Reardon said.
The fire caused about $250,000 in damage. No injuries were reported.
Story tags » EverettFirefightingFire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.