The customer will fly away in the new jumbo jet, dubbed the Intercontinental, on Feb. 28.
Boeing has orders for 36 747-8 passenger planes.
Germany's Lufthansa will be the first carrier to receive an Intercontinental. Lufthansa has 20 747-8 passenger jets on order with Boeing.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says it will make 747 panels, but for whom? Sep. 17
- Boeing plans to increase 767 production Sep. 9
- British Airways’ Boeing 777 engulfed in fire in Las Vegas was in accident 11 years ago Sep. 8
- Cancellations leave Boeing with zero 747 orders in 2015 Sep. 3
- Korean Air takes possession of 747-8s Aug. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.