The customer will fly away in the new jumbo jet, dubbed the Intercontinental, on Feb. 28.
Boeing has orders for 36 747-8 passenger planes.
Germany's Lufthansa will be the first carrier to receive an Intercontinental. Lufthansa has 20 747-8 passenger jets on order with Boeing.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Mitsubishi Aircraft pushes back first flight of MRJ Oct. 23
- Boeing could benefit from Canadian election Oct. 20
- 777, 787 airplane programs will be key topic in Boeing earnings call Oct. 20
- Dutch report implicates Russia-backed separatists in downing of 777 Oct. 13
- Aerospace industry leaders to focus on growth during Spokane summit Oct. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.