The customer will fly away in the new jumbo jet, dubbed the Intercontinental, on Feb. 28.
Boeing has orders for 36 747-8 passenger planes.
Germany's Lufthansa will be the first carrier to receive an Intercontinental. Lufthansa has 20 747-8 passenger jets on order with Boeing.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says KC-46 tankerís first flight further delayed Aug. 17
- Threat of Boeing job moves might not be just a bluff Aug. 13
- Spirit Aero finishes first Boeing 737 MAX fuselage Aug. 13
- Boeing is looking at improving its Everett-built 767 jet, exec says Aug. 12
- Zodiac Aerospace restarts Newport plant following explosion Aug. 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.