The Washington State Labor Council announced today it is putting on a forum for the hopefuls from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. March 23 at the Machinists Union Hall in Everett.
There are eight people now in the race in the district that stretches from the Canadian border south to Medina and Kirkland in King County. Along the way it takes in large swaths of eastern Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish counties
The crowd includes Democrats Darcy Burner, Suzan DelBene, state Rep. Roger Goodman, state Sen. Steve Hobbs, Darshan Rauniyar and Laura Ruderman, Republican John Koster, and Independent Larry Ishmael.
As of this morning all had confirmed their attendance except Hobbs and Koster, according to a state labor council official.
Enrique Cerna of public television station KCTS will serve as moderator. The state group along with the AFL-CIO Central Labor Councils are organizing. Co-sponsors include the M.L. King County Labor Council, the Northwest Washington Central Labor Council and the Snohomish County Labor Council.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.