Edmonds-Woodway's Noah Cuzzetto state player of the week
And the Washington Interscholastic Athletics Association took notice.
Cuzzetto, who came back in Saturday's 106-pound final to beat Graham Kapowsin's Spencer Schroeder and win his first state championship, was named the WIAA State Athlete of the Week.
"It feels great!" Cuzzetto wrote in a Twitter message to The Herald Wednesday morning. "I never thought I would be the state athlete of the week. Everything this week is just coming together perfect."
Four weeks ago Cuzzetto had an X-ray on his foot that revealed a broken foot, presumably ending his season. But several days of rest and a second opinion revealed that a growth plate in the sophomore's foot came out of place, but naturally fell back to where it was supposed to be, allowing him to wrestle -- and win -- at state.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- MP's Kleiner commits to Trinity Lutheran March 25
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.