Sounders FW David Estrada named MLS player of the week
Estrada was making just the third start of his MLS career, which had been fairly nondescript during his first two season with Seattle. A first round pick in 2010, Estrada started only two league games in his first two seasons and saw most of his playing time with in reserve league play. A strong offseason allowed Estrada to climb the depth chart, however, and with newly acquired forward Eddie Johnson battling injuries, Estrada got the start in both of Seattle's CONCACAF Champions League games, as well as Saturday's season opener. In addition to his three goals against Toronto, Estrada also scored his first professional goal earlier in the month by scoring in Champions League play.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Former Seahawks S Jeron Johnson signs with Washington, while DT Jesse Williams reportedly will re-sign March 16
- Sounders extend lease at CenturyLink Field through 2028 March 16
- Highlights from Pete Carroll's interview on Sports Radio 950 KJR March 13
- O'Brien Schofield signs with Falcons March 12
- Jimmy Graham talks about being traded to the Seahawks March 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.