Mega Millions: Half a billion dollars; 3 in state win $250,000
Kitsap Navy worker among $10,000 winners
The Petri Dish: Study finds large jackpots, not ads, drive lottery ticket sales
Georgia Lottery officials say the jackpot reached $500 million on Wednesday. It has rolled 18 times since Marcia Adams of College Park won $72 million in the Jan. 24 drawing.
A winner could get $19.2 million a year for 26 years or a single payment worth $359 million. The next drawing is Friday at 11 p.m.
Previously, the largest jackpot was $390 million, won by two players in Georgia and New Jersey in March 2007.
In Tuesday night's game, 47 players came very close, matching 5 of the 6 winning numbers. Each of those tickets is worth at least $250,000.
Mega Millions is played in more than 40 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The winning numbers Tuesday night were: Nine, 19, 34, 44 and 51. The Mega Ball was 24.
While no one won the big jackpot in Tuesday night's Mega Millions drawing, several people picked five of the six numbers to win $250,000, and three of those winners are in Washington state.
The Washington Lottery says two of the quarter-million dollar tickets were sold in Spokane and one in Ferndale. In addition, a $10,000 prize was claimed Wednesday by a Naval Base Kitsap worker who played with a group of 28 friends.
- Retirees claim $218 million Mega Millions prize 4/18/12
- Big lottery winners often prize anonymity 4/7/12
- What to do after you hit the Mega Millions jackpot (video) 3/29/12
- 81-year-old is $336 million Powerball winner 3/6/12
- $336 million Powerball ticket sold at Rhode Island supermarket 2/13/12
- Mill Creek man wins $250,000 lottery jackpot 2/10/12
- Financial analyst wins $208 million Mega Millions jackpot 1/14/12
- The Petri Dish: Study finds large jackpots, not ads, drive lottery ticket sales 1/3/12
- Pricey picks: Powerball tickets doubling to $2 1/2/12
- Spanish village wins world's richest lottery 12/23/11
- Gregoire looking at privatizing state lottery 12/15/11
- Three will split $564 million Powerball 2/11/15
- Lottery tickets come with a side of bacon — scent 1/31/15
- Lottery retailers beat odds for wins 1/29/15
- Lunchtime outing leads to $10 million 1/23/15
- Powerball winner claims $228.4 million 9/27/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.