2. Colorado Mammoth (10-3), The Mammoth earned a four-goal victory over the Rochester Knighthawks, but fell into a first-place tie with Calgary in the West as a result of the Roughnecks two victories last weekend. The Mammoth are off this weekend.
3. Philadelphia Wings (7-5), The Wings were idle last weekend, but still remain a game up on Toronto for first place in the East.
4. Toronto Rock (6-6), After a scary stretch that saw the Rock fall into a last-place tie with Buffalo in the East, Toronto has rebounded to put itself in position to earn a home playoff game.
5. Minnesota Swarm (5-7), Less than half of the NLL is .500 or better, but the Swarm lead the list of teams who are below even. Minnesota can make a statement with a win over Philly this weekend and help its playoff chance or a loss would give teams like Washington hope that they could pass the Swarm in the final weeks of the season.
6. Rochester Knighthawks (5-7), The Knighthawks fell to Colorado last weekend, but remain within shouting distance of the top teams in the East.
7. Edmonton Rush (4-7), The Rush earned a big win over the Swarm last weekend to give a giant boost to their playoff hopes. One more win and the Rush are looking pretty safe as a playoff team since the Stealth would have to finish with a better record to get in ahead of them by virtue of the tie-breaker.
8. Buffalo Bandits (4-8), The Bandits are among the two teams in the NLL right now who appear to be on life-support. A win over Philadelphia is need this weekend to keep pace for the final playoff spot.
9. Washington Stealth (4-9), The Stealth once again have the worst record in the league after a 13-11 loss to Calgary. Washington might want to turn its attention away from Edmonton and to Buffalo in the race for the final playoff spot. Finishing ahead of the Rush will be tough and the Stealth are only 1/2 game behind Buffalo and own the tie-breaker against the Bandits.
Most recent Stealth blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.