But if you feel lucky, you can drive up to Skagit County and see if any tulips have taken a chance and come out.
The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival continues through April. Tulip blooms were predicted for this weekend with flowers out through April 22.
If you don't see tulips, you and the family will at least see fields of yellow daffodils. And here are a few other activities going on to add to your go-see-do list.
• Skagit Valley Tulip Run: 9:30 a.m. Saturday: 5 Mile Run and 2 Mile Run/Walk at Skagit Regional Airport, 12035 Higgins Airport Way, Burlington. Free to 14 and under and 70 and older. All others, $12 or $22 with shirt.
• Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 10441 Bayview-Edison Road, Mount Vernon. The only National Estuarine Research Reserve in Washington state has the Breazeale Interpretive Center and features new salt water aquaria, interactive exhibits, reference library, gift shop, trails, bird watching tips and a Heron-cam. Bike friendly. Call 360-428-1588 or go to www.padillabay.gov.
• Tulip Town, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 15002 Bradshaw Road, Mount Vernon. Admission is $5, $4 for military personnel and free for children under 16. Tulip Town has the only indoor flower and garden show. The kids can ride the Blue Trolley and tour the fields from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. seven days a week. Adults $2; children $1. Also, professional kite fliers each weekend.
• Children's Museum of Skagit County, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 550 Cascade Mall Drive, Burlington. For kids 10 and under to learn, have fun and enjoy. Cost is $5.25; 1 and under free. Call 360-757-8888.
• Azusa Farm and Gardens, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., 14904 Highway 20; Mount Vernon. Picturesque garden center with a country store offering choice ornamental and edible landscaping plants, gardening supplies, hanging baskets and cut and potted flowers. Refreshments and family-fun farm tours. For more information call 360-424-1580 or go to www.azusafarm.com.
To investigate other events and check out the bloom map, go to the Skagit Valley Festival website at www.tulipfestival.org.
Theresa Goffredo: 425-339-3424; firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Entertainment Headlines
Music calendar ‘Heroes Reborn’ revives heroic saga Thursday’s highlights on TV Schack-toberfest begins Thursday with Beer & Brat Night Wednesday’s highlights on TV Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones record coming next year Forest Whitaker, Anika Noni Rose join ‘Roots’ remake cast Tuesday’s highlights on TV
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.