GeekWire reports that Boeing's device won't rival Apple's iPhone or other phones the average person would find at their wireless store.
Instead, Boeing is developing a phone based on Google's Android operating system that would be used in the U.S. defense and security market. Similar phones on the market cost about $20,000. ... which makes the iPhone look like a bargain.
Boeing told National Defense Magazine that it wants to develop a less costly phone and introduce it later this year.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Zodiac Aerospace restarts Newport plant following explosion Aug. 7
- German aerospace supplier is expanding to Lynnwood Aug. 7
- How does a Boeing test pilot sell airplanes? Barrel rolls Aug. 7
- Boeing fix-it exec has big job to get tanker and supply chain on track July 31
- Jenks to succeed Loftis as head of Boeing’s 787 program July 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.