police learned that somebody used the internet to make threats focused on the Lynnwood campus.
The nature of the threat was not disclosed.
"It presented specific threats against student safety at Meadowdale High
School," Lynnwood Police Department spokeswoman Shannon Sessions said.
Families and staff from the school received voice mails beginning at 4:30
a.m. Friday about the cancellation.
"We take this information seriously and will provide additional information
as it is available," the Edmonds School District announced on its website.
Three Meadowdale sports teams had games or matches moved Friday because of the threat, click here for more information.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18
- Edmonds police investigating Saturday shooting; no one hurt Aug. 17
- 18-year-old in custody after Everett shooting of 15-year-old Aug. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.