Anyway, the league announced Monday that schedules for the 2012 season will be released at 4 p.m. today, and in yet another indicator of just how big the NFL is, the schedule release merits three-hour prime-time (on the East Coast) specials on two different cable networks--the NFL Network and ESPN. And all of this despite the fact that we already know who teams will be playing in 2012, just not the dates of said games.
Admittedly I'm curious to see the schedule seeing as a large part of my life from August to January revolves around the Seahawks' schedule, but the amount of attention this day is getting still seems a bit crazy to me. As a reminder, here are the Seahawks opponents for next season. We'll be able to fill in the dates in about four hours.
New York Tebows, er, Jets
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.