After a day cycling around Skagit County, I couldn't resist stopping at a small farm stand. Big stalks of red rhubarb was among the fresh-picked produce, so I grabbed a bunch.
Puzzling about what to do with the sour annual, I turned to Google and found a great recipe for rhubarb bread published on LATimes.com.
Everyone here at The Herald has been asking for the recipe, so I figured I better share more broadly.
Do you have a favorite rhubarb recipe? Let us know by posting a comment below.
Most recent The Dish posts
- Itís fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summerís last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
- Teach her to make dan dan noodles, feed craving for a lifetime Sep. 2
- Rice bowls: An idea that still bowls her over Aug. 26
- Congee gets flavorful kick-start into lunch, dinner menus Aug. 12
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.