Schmidt, who was put on administrative leave from the football program along with head coach Dave Ward on Jan. 10, was a serious candidate for the Archbishop Murphy head coaching job, which eventually went to Bill Marsh. Ward was forced out on March 8.
Schmidt said that it was time to move on and that Inglemoor was a good fit.
"I've known (Inglemoor) coach (Frank) Naish for a while and it's a good opportunity," said Schmidt, who will still be employed by Archbishop Murphy High School.
As for returning to Murphy, Schmidt said that he felt it was best to move on and let Marsh build his own staff.
"I wanted to respect Coach Marsh and let him pick his own coaches," Schmidt said. "It felt like it was the right time to make a change."
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.