Schmidt takes job at Inglemoor
Schmidt, who was put on administrative leave from the football program along with head coach Dave Ward on Jan. 10, was a serious candidate for the Archbishop Murphy head coaching job, which eventually went to Bill Marsh. Ward was forced out on March 8.
Schmidt said that it was time to move on and that Inglemoor was a good fit.
"I've known (Inglemoor) coach (Frank) Naish for a while and it's a good opportunity," said Schmidt, who will still be employed by Archbishop Murphy High School.
As for returning to Murphy, Schmidt said that he felt it was best to move on and let Marsh build his own staff.
"I wanted to respect Coach Marsh and let him pick his own coaches," Schmidt said. "It felt like it was the right time to make a change."
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
- Granite Falls pitcher named WIAA athlete of the week March 20
- Live video: Edmonds-Woodway vs. Jackson boys soccer March 17
- Area girls picked for all-state games March 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.