FCC wants TV stations to post political ad info online
Commissioners decided television stations must post online the content of their political files which detail campaign ad spending. The information is to be put in a single database accessible through the FCC web site. These files, now kept on paper, track the amount of money paid out on ads by candidates and political action committees.
What the FCC is aiming for is something like the searchable database of campaign contributions available through Washington's Public Disclosure Commission.
The FCC ruling affects stations affiliated with NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox in the top 50 Designated Market Areas.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- A new session begins with old debate and fish consumption Jan. 12
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.