The group has posted a Shut Down Boeing notice on Facebook.
The protest is to coincide with the NATO summit in Chicago on May 20 and 21.
Occupy Chicago calls Boeing a "war criminal" in the protest notice, saying the company produces war machines using prison labor. The group also condemns Boeing's 2009 decision to put a second 787 production line in South Carolina rather than Washington state.
"When using non-prison labor Boeing goes out of it's way to bust unions, even moving factories across the country to stifle worker's rights," the notice says.
The National Labor Relations Board filed a federal lawsuit against Boeing last year at the prompting of the local International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. The lawsuit, which was dropped in December, alleged that Boeing picked South Carolina to punish Machinists in the Puget Sound region for labor strikes.
Occupy Chicago further claims that Boeing "stole" $60 million from Illinois taxpayers when the company moved the corporate headquarters to Chicago from Washington state.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- British Airways’ Boeing 777 engulfed in fire in Las Vegas was in accident 11 years ago Sep. 8
- Cancellations leave Boeing with zero 747 orders in 2015 Sep. 3
- Korean Air takes possession of 747-8s Aug. 25
- Boeing sees booming Chinese demand for new planes Aug. 25
- Esterline streamlines corporate management Aug. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.