Everett native Andrew Bartee, a dancer in PNB's company, has choreographed a work that will premier alongside new pieces by Mark Morris, Kiyon Gaines and Margaret Mullin.
The company plans to stage Kent Stowell's "Swan Lake," and "Cinderella," plus Jean-Christophe Maillot's "Romeo et Juliette."
December marks the month-long return of "Nutcracker," and "Hansel and Gretel" is scheduled as a matinee-only performance in March.
"Modern Masterpieces," brings works by Twyla Tharp and George Balanchine, and "Director's Choice" will feature more Balanchine, as well as a world premier by Christopher Wheeldon.
Additional performance include a one-night only "Celebrate Seattle" in September, that will include special guests and multi-media, as PNB casts back on four decades of innovation and dance in Seattle.
PNB also is touring the next year. Their schedule include performances in Spoleto, Italy, in July; at the Guggenheim in New York in September; at the Nevada Ballet Theatre in October; at City Center Theatre in New York in February; and at the Royal Theatre in Victoria, B.C., in February.
The PNB 2012 to 2013 season:
• "Cinderella": Music by Sergei Prokofiev with choreography by Kent Stowell; "Circus Polka," music by Igor Stravinsky and choreography by Jermon Robbins (Sept. 21 only); Sept. 21 to 30.
• "Celebrate Seattle": PNB celebrates 40 years; Sept. 30.
• "All Premiere": Works by Andrew Bartee, Margaret Mullin, Mark Mooris and Kiyon Gaines; Nov. 2 to 11.
• "The Nutcracker": Music by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky and choreography by Kent Stowell. Sets and costumes by Maurice Sendak; Dec. 7 to 29.
• "Romeo et Juliette": Music by Sergei Prokofiev and choreography by Jean-Christophe Maillot; Feb. 1 to 10.
• "Modern Masterpieces": Works by George Balanchine, Ulysses Dove and Twyla Tharp. Premier by Paul Gibson; March 15 to 24.
• Hansel and Gretel: Family matinee; March 17 to 23.
• "Swan Lake": Music by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky and choreography by Kent Stowell; April 12 to 21.
• "Director's Choice": Two Balanchine works and a premier by Christopher Wheeldon; May 31 to June 9.
• "Season Encore Performance": A look back and the season's best; June 9.
Tickets generally start at $28 at pnb.org or 206-441-2424.
More Entertainment Headlines
Dan Rather isn’t the retiring type Monday’s highlights on TV Teen drama imparts its lessons with self-effacing modesty ‘Daily Show’ icon Jon Stewart hosts the‘fake news’ one last time Netflix’s ‘Miss Simone’ is just one of many great docs at your fingertips at home Schedule of local upcoming book events Summer TV: What to watch on TV in August ’Mission: Impossible’ climbs to No. 1; ‘Vacation’ is a bust
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.