One barn was completely destroyed and another damaged in the fire at 21614 Woods Creek Road, said
Capt. Ron Adams with Snohomish County Fire District 3 in Monroe.
Some horses were in the barn when the fire broke out but the owner was able to get them out safely, Adams said.
The blaze was reported shortly after 4:15 p.m. Crews from four fire departments responded.
Crews focused on keeping the fire from spreading to the property owner's home, located near the barns, and were successful, Adams said.
A nearby horse arena was partly burned. Total damage was estimated at $150,000.
The fire is believed to have been caused by the homeowner's use of a weed burner to clear some brush from around the structure, Adams said.
More Local News Headlines
Everett schools owe $120K in legal fees of suspended student New year, new artists, new mural for Stanwood park Front Porch: Live music in Snohomish Somers, Lovick clash over new contract for government employees Salmonella outbreak sickens 134 in state, 24 in county Civil War re-enactors dig in again Saturday at Everett cemetery Former Tulalip Tribes fisheries co-director accused of poaching Work on new Mukilteo ferry terminal begins with tank farm pier demolition
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.