The app is called "Milestones in Innovation" and is available for free through the App Store.
Boeing's new app covers the company's nine decades in aviation, starting in 1916 when the company was founded by Bill Boeing and following the company's progress up to the delivery of the first 787 Dreamliner last September.
"This is the history of Boeing as a digital coffee table book," Fritz Johnston, Boeing's vice president of brand and advertising, said in a statement. "iPad's amazing Retina display makes it the perfect canvas to present this visually stunning narrative."
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.