Closures on Ebey Slough Bridge
The southbound lane will be closed from 8 p.m. tonight to 5 a.m. Friday, and the entire bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Drivers will follow a signed detour using northbound I-5 and Fourth Street in Marysville during the closure. Crews will escort bicyclists and pedestrians through the closure if needed.
The weekend work, weather permitting, will involve removing the temporary connection from the new bridge to the existing southbound roadway and construct the permanent connection.
The work is part of the Highway 529 Ebey Slough Bridge Replacement project. The state has replaced the 85-year-old Ebey Slough Bridge with a four-lane, fixed-span bridge. Finishing work is continuing. For details, graphics and photos, visit the project website.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Go with the flow — how speed limits are set April 17
- Downhill approach need a warning beacon? Wait and see April 16
- Ferry schedule system stops working, can't take summer reservations April 15
- Safer crosswalk coming to 164th at I-5 April 10
- New bus lane to ease flow on Highway 99 at Airport Road April 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.