• See what festivals are planned in your area in the Fairs and Festivals list.
• Camp out with the family at Silver Lake, head over to Jetty Island or visit Everett Memorial Stadium for the Aquasox FanFest. For these and other activities, see the Special Events listings.
• Check out the 50th anniversary tour of An Evening With the Beach Boys at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville or grab the family and head to a concert in the park. And a bonus? Many are free. See the Concerts list for details.
• Learn about Independence Day celebrations happening all around the Sound on the Fourth of July page.
• How about a movie at your local park? Everett's Cinema Under the Stars at Thornton A. Sullivan Park offers entertainment before the free films begin from performers like the Reptile Man and the Village Theatre Kids Stage, or arts and crafts with Imagine Children's Museum. See the Outdoor Movies page for a list of what's showing where.
• Battle the heat at the Lynnwood Recreation Center's water playground or try out the soakers and cannons at Willis Tucker Park's spray pad. For a list of water parks and swimming pools, check the Water Play page.
• How about a little history to cool things off? The Museums page has all the details.
• Looking for a place to take Rover all summer long? You and your pup can go for a woodland stroll at Loganberry Lane in Everett or try out the agility equipment at Wiggly Field Off-Leash Park in Monroe. Our list of dog parks and off-leash areas offers information on these parks and others.
• And if you're into aviation, check out the Flying Heritage Collection's summer Free Fly Days.
More Entertainment Headlines
Weekend fun: Beer, fresh paint and plenty of tunes ‘Straight Outta Compton’ is an enlightening portrait of N.W.A. 7:38 a.m. Twist and turns keep ‘Tom’ engrossing Inspired casting lifts ‘People, Places, Things’ only so far See art in action at Fresh Paint festival The Band Perry to perform at Tulalip Amphitheater Gentlemen, head east to Walla Walla this weekend Edgerton’s ‘The Gift’ keeps on giving us the chills 7:37 a.m.
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.