Lufthansa hypes Boeing 747-8I
The airline is drumming up excitement for the updated jumbo jet, which will fly from Frankfurt to Washington, D.C. for the first commercial flight.
Boeing and Lufthansa celebrated the delivery for the passenger plane earlier this month.
Lufthansa has created a website dedicated to its 747-8 Intercontinental, including information about why the airline ordered the 747-8.
The carrier also has a 132-page magazine about the 747-8 passenger plane and is giving away two tickets to fly on the revamped jumbo jet.
The hubbub can't be bad for Boeing either. Jim Albaugh, president of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, told investors on Tuesday that the company has several order "campaigns" at various airlines to expand the Intercontinental's backlog.
"We need some orders on this airplane," Albaugh said.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing, Machinists close to announcing performance payout Feb. 5
- Avianca chooses Airbus over Boeing for $10.6B order Feb. 5
- Emirates gets proposal for 100 Boeing jumbo jets Feb. 4
- Boeing advertisement lacks the state’s seal of approval Jan. 29
- Four Boeing Everett workers fired for drug violations Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.