Lufthansa hypes Boeing 747-8I
The airline is drumming up excitement for the updated jumbo jet, which will fly from Frankfurt to Washington, D.C. for the first commercial flight.
Boeing and Lufthansa celebrated the delivery for the passenger plane earlier this month.
Lufthansa has created a website dedicated to its 747-8 Intercontinental, including information about why the airline ordered the 747-8.
The carrier also has a 132-page magazine about the 747-8 passenger plane and is giving away two tickets to fly on the revamped jumbo jet.
The hubbub can't be bad for Boeing either. Jim Albaugh, president of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, told investors on Tuesday that the company has several order "campaigns" at various airlines to expand the Intercontinental's backlog.
"We need some orders on this airplane," Albaugh said.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Machinists consider second organizing effort at Boeing South Carolina May 20
- VIP demand for Boeing’s 747-8 could help keep program alive, exec says May 18
- Paris air show attendees gear up for trip May 15
- Weak business jet demand prompts layoffs at Bombardier May 14
- Tanker on track to fly this summer May 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.