Lufthansa hypes Boeing 747-8I
The airline is drumming up excitement for the updated jumbo jet, which will fly from Frankfurt to Washington, D.C. for the first commercial flight.
Boeing and Lufthansa celebrated the delivery for the passenger plane earlier this month.
Lufthansa has created a website dedicated to its 747-8 Intercontinental, including information about why the airline ordered the 747-8.
The carrier also has a 132-page magazine about the 747-8 passenger plane and is giving away two tickets to fly on the revamped jumbo jet.
The hubbub can't be bad for Boeing either. Jim Albaugh, president of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, told investors on Tuesday that the company has several order "campaigns" at various airlines to expand the Intercontinental's backlog.
"We need some orders on this airplane," Albaugh said.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says no talks about new research center in Atlanta March 25
- Boeing South Carolina workers to vote on joining union in April March 24
- Boeing reportedly considering new research center in Atlanta March 24
- Boeing gets 'force-field' patent March 24
- Boeing pushes back against Machinists union in South Carolina March 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.