Community sports: Bulletin board
• Registration for the Mountlake Terrace Recreation and Parks Department's Adult Men's Basketball Leagues opens June 1 and runs through June 24. Play is on Mondays and Wednesdays beginning July 9. The team fee is $575. For more information, call Jeff Betz at 425-640-3101.
• The 15th annual Mountlake Terrace Hawks Boys and Girls Basketball Camp is scheduled for June 22 (2-5 p.m.) and June 23 (9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) at the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion. The camp is for players ages 7-15. The cost is $40 for residents and $45 for non-residents. For more information, call 425-776-9173.
• Snohomish Golf Course is offering a One-Man Memorial Day Scramble on May 28. The cost is $25 plus green fees. The event is open to everyone. For more information, call 360-568-2676.
• The 2012 Royal Open LHS Golf Classic is scheduled for 8 a.m. on June 2 at Walter Hall Golf Course in south Everett. Proceeds benefit the Lynnwood High School boys and girls golf teams. The fee is $75. If you are interested in playing or being a sponsor, contact Glenn Chinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Richer at email@example.com. For more information, visit www.lhsroyalboosters.com/information.
• Last-chance registration for the Silver Lake Football Association is scheduled from 6-8 p.m. on May 31 at Shawn O'Donnell's Restaurant in Everett (122 128th St. SE). The program is for players ages 6-14. For more information, visit www.silverlaketimberwolves.com.
• Snohomish High School is offering Sports Physicals from 4-7 p.m. on June 5 at the school's auxiliary gym. The cost is $25. To make an appointment, call 360-563-4087.
• The Everett-based Port City Futbol Club is registering boys and girls for teams from U-9 through U-18. For more information, visit www.portcityfc.com.
• Swim lessons at Yost Pool in Edmonds start May 30. Lessons run 30 minutes a day Monday through Thursday for two weeks. The cost is $52 for residents and $60 for non-residents. For more information, call 425-771-0229 or visit yostpool.edmondswa.gov.
• The Mountlake Terrace Recreation and Parks Department is offering Adult and Teen Tennis Lessons for ages 13 and older. Sessions are from 6:30-7:30 p.m. (beginners) and 7:30-8:30 p.m. (intermediate) on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning May 29. The cost is $35 for residents and $40 for non-residents. For more information, call Jeff Betz at 425-640-3101.
• Organizers of the Lake Stevens Triathlon on July 15 are looking for volunteers to help with the event. For more information, contact Karen Morea at 425-377-8347 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ironmanlakestevens.com.
• Tryouts for Sabotage Sports' U-10/U-11 Select Summer Volleyball Team are scheduled from 9:30-11:30 a.m. on June 9 at Everett Community College. Preregister at www.sabotagesports.com. Walk-ins also are welcome.
• Volley-nastics, a combination of gymnastics and introductory volleyball skills, starts June 11 at Everett Community College. The program is for boys and girls ages 5-8. Preregister at www.sabotagesports.com.
How to submit information: Items for the Bulletin Board can be submitted by e-mail (email@example.com), by fax (425-339-3435) or by mail (P.O. Box 930, Everett, Wash., 98206). The deadline is noon Sunday.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.