Zarelli, the Senate GOP's lead budget writer for several years, issued this two-paragraph statement today:
“Now that I've made the decision not to seek re-election, it's time for me to start focusing on where I'm going next and to begin that journey. Moving forward now is the right decision for me and my family. It's also the right decision for the people of the 18th District, who will be able to transition right away to a new state senator who can take a full and active role over this interim.
“It's been a pleasure and an honor to serve the people of the 18th District and our state. I will always look fondly on my time in the Legislature and the friendships I formed here. Although my legislative service will end on Thursday, those friendships and the work many of us did together will remain.”
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.