The fire broke out about 12:40 a.m. in the 11300 block of 21st Place NE, just south of Lake Stevens High School, deputy fire chief Larry Huff said.
Two children were asleep at the time. The homeowner smelled smoke and got everyone out, Huff said.
Investigators determined that the fire started in a fireplace ventilation pipe, Huff said. It spread into the second story and parts of the roof and attic.
Damage was estimated at $50,000. Crews from Marysville and Getchell also responded.
More Local News Headlines
Somers vs. Lovick: Same party, drastically different plans to lead Snohomish County Strangers lend a helping hand to Everett’s ‘Queen of Lowell’ Maltby property eyed for future school buildings Stanwood to vote on higher taxes for police, fire, medical Ruling: County can lease space to firm that wants to build terminal Oil train hearing set for Monday in Lynnwood Mountlake Terrace police looking for info on possible abduction attempt Deputies say man shot his son at Marysville home
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.