Census snapshot: Bothell
Bothell is a geographical oddity that straddles King and Snohomish counties. Of 33,505 residents in 2010, 16,415 lived in Snohomish County and 17,090 lived in King County.
Because most streets in Bothell are numbered and not named, the split has the unfortunate effect of causing streets that cross the county line to change numbers.
Bothell was until recently predominantly a bedroom community. Starting in the 1990s, several businesses opened offices in Bothell, creating a regional employment center of about 20,000 jobs. Biotechnology, telecommunications and software are key industries.
In 1990, a branch campus of the University of Washington opened in Bothell, co-located with Cascadia Community College, which opened in 2000.
Bothell population vs. Snohomish County and Washington
|Population change, 2000 to 2010||11.1%||17.7%||14.1%|
|Persons under 5 years||6.3%||6.6%||6.5%|
|Persons under 18 years||22.4%||24.4%||23.5%|
|Persons 65 years and over||12.1%||10.3%||12.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native persons||0.6%||1.4%||1.5%|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islanders||0.2%||0.4%||0.6%|
|Persons reporting two or more races||4.5%||4.6%||4.7%|
|Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin||8.7%||9.0%||11.2%|
|White persons not Hispanic||75.3%||74.3%||72.5%|
* All Bothell figures include King County portion.
More about the city of Bothell
At the U.S. Census Bureau website
City of Bothell official website
- U.S. birth rate may have stopped falling 12/6/13
- Many don't get child support, census reports 11/21/13
- Young adult mobility falls to 50-year low 11/15/13
- 49.7 million in U.S. live in poverty 11/7/13
- Are U.S. birth rates bouncing back? 9/6/13
- Census: More Americans are living alone 8/29/13
- U.S. Asians living in thriving enclaves 6/27/13
Most recent Need to Know posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.