On a side-note, I spent way too much time overanalyzing the most affordable ways to purchase our King Tut tickets, and this is what I finally did. Our family went to the Pacific Science Center one day and I purchased an $80 Copper membership package. You can name six people on your membership, so I was able to include our whole family plus two grandmas. Then, while I was at the membership office, I purchased our tickets to go see King Tut later this summer.
Being a Pacific Science Center member gave me a steep discount on the special exhibit prices. Buying the tickets in person saved me money on the Internet transaction fees. Now our family can enjoy going to the Pacific Science Center all year long and all we have to pay for is parking. If anybody has some good ideas about how to save money on that, please share!
Read more from Jennifer Bardsley at Teaching My Baby to Read.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.