4 children taken to hospital after school bus overheats
It happened about 1:30 p.m. near the 7800 block of the Mukilteo Speedway.
The children were third-graders from Fairmount Elementary School on their way back to school after a field trip, district spokesman Andy Muntz said.
The bus has its engine in the rear, and the radiator sits underneath seats in the back, Muntz said. The radiator somehow quit working and started spraying steam and antifreeze into the bus.
The children sitting in that area of the bus suffered minor burns to their legs. They were taken to the hospital as a precaution, Muntz said. School district employees rode in the ambulances with them, and the school principal met them at the hospital.
No one was seriously injured.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.