Frozen watermelon margarita
4 cups diced seeded watermelon
2 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup tequila
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp orange-flavored liqueur
Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)
To coat the edges of the glass:
1 lime wedge
2 tsp sugar
In a blender, combine watermelon, tequila, orange liquer, lime juice and 2 tbsp sugar; process until smooth. Set aside.
To coat the edges of the glass, place 2 tsp sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of 4 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat.
Crush ice in the blender. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Foregoing cake recipe with lard in favor of cornbread April 8
- Surprise ingredient makes these biscuits great April 7
- Five organic fruits and vegetables that might really be worth the price April 1
- Get cracking: Easter tradition full of memories April 1
- Biscotti cookbook a mix of classic, creative April 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.