4 cups diced seeded watermelon
2 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup tequila
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp orange-flavored liqueur
Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)
To coat the edges of the glass:
1 lime wedge
2 tsp sugar
In a blender, combine watermelon, tequila, orange liquer, lime juice and 2 tbsp sugar; process until smooth. Set aside.
To coat the edges of the glass, place 2 tsp sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of 4 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat.
Crush ice in the blender. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Congee gets flavorful kick-start into lunch, dinner menus Aug. 12
- Spicy slaw recipe that goes well with pulled pork Aug. 12
- Solidly seasonal cookbook, but hardly compost-free July 29
- Chill out: Icebox pies and cakes end summer meals on a cool note July 22
- A fabulous frittata in just five steps July 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.