4 cups diced seeded watermelon
2 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup tequila
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp orange-flavored liqueur
Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)
To coat the edges of the glass:
1 lime wedge
2 tsp sugar
In a blender, combine watermelon, tequila, orange liquer, lime juice and 2 tbsp sugar; process until smooth. Set aside.
To coat the edges of the glass, place 2 tsp sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of 4 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat.
Crush ice in the blender. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- In defense of the humble casserole Sep. 30
- Make this now: Lark’s John Sundstrom enters dish in national breakfast battle Sep. 23
- This cookbook, scientifically speaking, is a great for the home cook Sep. 16
- It’s fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summer’s last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.