What you need: Serves 4
4 boneless pork chops
2 cups onions chopped
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp oil
½ cup vodka (I used pomegranate vodka)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp red chili powder/cayenne pepper
½ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
Salt to taste
Beat down the pork chops slightly with a meat tenderizer. Mix all the marinating ingredients together to make a paste. Massage it into both sides of the pork chops, put in a plastic wrap to chill in the fridge for about an hour.
In a large skillet, add butter and oil together, on medium high. As the butter melts, add in the chopped onions, after about a minute, place the pork chops, and let them brown, untouched for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip them over, and cook covered until they are completely cooked, and the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
Keep tossing the onions around them, so they caramelize evenly. Turn off the heat. Remove the chops and let them rest aside on serving plates. Top the chops with the juicy caramelized onions. Serve hot with sweet mango and cilantro salad. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Congee gets flavorful kick-start into lunch, dinner menus Aug. 12
- Spicy slaw recipe that goes well with pulled pork Aug. 12
- Solidly seasonal cookbook, but hardly compost-free July 29
- Chill out: Icebox pies and cakes end summer meals on a cool note July 22
- A fabulous frittata in just five steps July 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.