What you need: Serves 4
4 boneless pork chops
2 cups onions chopped
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp oil
Ĺ cup vodka (I used pomegranate vodka)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp red chili powder/cayenne pepper
Ĺ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
Salt to taste
Beat down the pork chops slightly with a meat tenderizer. Mix all the marinating ingredients together to make a paste. Massage it into both sides of the pork chops, put in a plastic wrap to chill in the fridge for about an hour.
In a large skillet, add butter and oil together, on medium high. As the butter melts, add in the chopped onions, after about a minute, place the pork chops, and let them brown, untouched for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip them over, and cook covered until they are completely cooked, and the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
Keep tossing the onions around them, so they caramelize evenly. Turn off the heat. Remove the chops and let them rest aside on serving plates. Top the chops with the juicy caramelized onions. Serve hot with sweet mango and cilantro salad. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- In defense of the humble casserole Sep. 30
- Make this now: Larkís John Sundstrom enters dish in national breakfast battle Sep. 23
- This cookbook, scientifically speaking, is a great for the home cook Sep. 16
- Itís fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summerís last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.